Guidelines for Staff: protecting the Collection
Australian National University Art Collection
There are specific responsibilities that go with having art works from the Collection displayed in your area. To ensure that the Collection is properly looked after it is important that all staff are aware of the following:
- Please do not move the art works. Notify the Curator when you need art works in your area rehung or relocated. Contact: David.Boon@anu.edu.au
- The Curator must be informed of any renovations, painting, or repairs that might threaten art works. Consider the risks of dust and impact damage in particular. Also will the security of art works be compromised? If needs be, art works will be relocated to the Art Collection storeroom at the Drill Hall Gallery for safe keeping until the building work is completed.
- The Curator must be notified immediately if any damage occurs to an artwork.
- The Curator must be notified immediately in the case of theft.
- Please avoid placing objects against art works or within a dangerous proximity of them.
- Three-dimensional works such as sculptures, and glass and ceramic vessels, are not to be used as functional objects.
- Sources of heat or steam should be kept away from art works.
- The Curator may remove art works from your area at any time.
For enquiries regarding the Art Collection, please contact the Curator of the Collection David.Boon@anu.edu.au The Collection office is located in the Drill Hall Gallery, Kingsley Street, Acton.