Watershed: David Stephenson and Martin Walch
Dates & times
Fri 2 October — Sun 29 November 2020
ANU Drill Hall Gallery
Image: David Stevenson and Martin Walch, Watershed, 2017. 4-channel video installation. ANU Art Collection.
As a companion to our concurrent Lightworks exhibition we present the four-channel video installation, Watershed, a component of David Stephenson’s and Martin Walch’s epic collaboration, The Derwent Project. Watershed was purchased for the ANU Art Collection in 2017.
The Derwent Project is a collaboration between the two artists; it visualises in intriguing and thought-provoking ways the complex natural and cultural history of Tasmania’s Derwent River system. This vast, sublimely beautiful and often inaccessible environment includes Aboriginal and colonial heritage alongside ten hydroelectric developments; its multiple layers of space and time present opportunities to synthesise artistic and scientific paradigms of representation by drawing on geography, history, ecology and archaeology: https://www.derwent-project.org/
Complementary exhibitions on show concurrent to Interval:
Lightworks, Lesley Dumbrell, Trevor Vickers, Virginia Coventry and Richard Dunn
Hannah Gason, Interval
Visitors to the Drill Hall Gallery:
For your safety, the Drill Hall Gallery will be following guidelines, recommendations and enforceable public health directions published by ACT Health and Safework Australia. We will be collecting contact tracing information from all visitors to the gallery.
To ensure a safe and healthy environment while visiting the Drill Hall Gallery at this time we request that you:
- Stay at home if you are unwell.
- Stay at home if you have been in contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case.
- Practice good hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Utilise hand sanitisers provided at the entrance of the gallery.
- Assist our staff in filling out your contact tracing information on entry and exit from the gallery.
- Maintain1.5 metres distance from other visitors and staff.
- Comply with the number restrictions clearly signposted in each of the gallery spaces.
- Comply with any written or verbal directions from staff.
- Use contactless payment for any purchases made at the Drill Hall Gallery.
- Consider downloading the COVIDSafe app if you have not already.
- We strongly encourage you to wear a facemask during gallery events.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we appreciate your help in keeping our community safe during this time.