Morning mindfulness meditation in the gallery
Dates & times
Tue 10 November 2020, 7.45am–8.30am
ANU Drill Hall Gallery
Join mindfulness meditation practitioner Sarah Jean for a series of early morning meditation sessions amidst the illuminating colour compositions of the Drill Hall’s Lightworks exhibition.
It is suitable for beginner meditators or experienced practitioners.
Registration is free and there is an opportunity to give a donation at the door. Come to a single event or book into all three.
Book a place in each session via the following Eventbrite links.
Tuesday 10 November 7.45 – 8.30am
Tuesday 17 November 7.45 – 8.30am
Tuesday 24 November 7.45 – 8.30am
Sarah Jean practices meditation in both the Insight and Transcendental traditions. She is currently completing her 2-year Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Training under teachers Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield, through Sounds True and the University of California Berkeley Greater Good Science Centre.
Lightworks is guest curated by Charles Nodrum.
Complementary exhibitions in the side galleries extend the thematics of Lightworks:
Hannah Gason, Interval
David Stevenson and Martin Walch , Watershed
Visitors to the Drill Hall Gallery:
For your safety, the Drill Hall Gallery will be following guidelines, recommendations and enforceable public health directions published by ACT Health and Safework Australia. We will be collecting contact tracing information from all visitors to the gallery.
To ensure a safe and healthy environment while visiting the Drill Hall Gallery at this time we request that you:
- Stay at home if you are unwell.
- Stay at home if you have been in contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case.
- Practice good hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Utilise hand sanitisers provided at the entrance of the gallery.
- Assist our staff in filling out your contact tracing information on entry and exit from the gallery.
- Maintain1.5 metres distance from other visitors and staff.
- Comply with the number restrictions clearly signposted in each of the gallery spaces.
- Comply with any written or verbal directions from staff.
- Use contactless payment for any purchases made at the Drill Hall Gallery.
- Consider downloading the COVIDSafe app if you have not already.
- We strongly encourage you to wear a facemask during gallery events.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we appreciate your help in keeping our community safe during this time.