Join Miroslav Bukovsky, Rhys Butler and Richard Johnson for an evening of sound, reflecting on Elizabeth Newman’s exhibition Un-titled.
Reflecting on the colour field and freedom in Elizbeth Newman’s Un-titled exhibition this performance hints at blocks of sound colour, evolving palettes of timbre, minimalism, fractured splinters of free improvisation and compositional ideas, all combining in a trio of intersubjective organic praxis of sound.Performed by Miroslav Bukovsky: trumpet, Rhys Butler: alto sax and Richard Johnson: sop sax, bass clarinet
Image: Elizabeth Newman, Untitled, 2008, found object, 170 x 110 cm. Collection: Robert Buckingham and John Betts. Photo: Christian Capurro.
For your safety, the Drill Hall Gallery will be following guidelines, recommendations and enforceable public health directions published by ACT Health and Safework Australia. We will be collecting contact tracing information from all visitors to the gallery.
To ensure a safe and healthy environment while visiting the Drill Hall Gallery at this time we request that you:
● Stay at home if you are unwell.
● Stay at home if you have been in contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case.
● Practice good hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
● Utilise hand sanitisers provided at the entrance of the gallery.
● Assist our staff in filling out your contact tracing information on entry and exit from the gallery.
● Maintain 1.5 metres distance from other visitors and staff.
● Comply with the number restrictions clearly signposted in each of the gallery spaces.
● Comply with any written or verbal directions from staff.
● Use contactless payment for any purchases made at the Drill Hall Gallery.
● Download the COVIDSafe app if you have not already.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we appreciate your help in keeping our community safe during this time.