- Registration Link
- Session 112:30pm, Wednesday 15 March
- Session 212:30pm, Thursday 30 March
Join exhibition curator Terence Maloon for a lunchtime tour of our current exhibition FLUENT: Noŋgirrŋa Marawili & Leo Loomans. Attendance is free but registration is essential. Please register here.
Is this exhibition a face-off of irreconcilable contrasts or the opportunity for two artists’ work to engage in an impromptu, unforeseen pas de deux? The artists in question are extensively represented in the superb Hassall/Milson Collection – Noŋgirrŋa Marawili, a revered elder associated with Buku-Larrŋgay Mulka Centre in Yirrkala, and Canberra-based sculptor Leo Loomans. Both artists intrigue us with their feats of linear invention. “One should always search for the desire of a line,” Henri Matisse advised – and what would be the desire of a line if not to extend, to flourish, to luxuriate, to connect, to interact, to dance? Fluency would be its ultimate objective.
FLUENT: Noŋgirrŋa Marawili & Leo Loomans is curated by Terence Maloon.
This exhibition has been generously supported by Geoffrey Hassall and Virginia Milson.
Buy Now / $35+$10 postage
- TitleFluent: Noŋgirrŋa Marawili & Leo Loomans
- SpecsSoftcover, 84 pages.
- PublisherTexts by Terence Maloon and Michael Snape. Published 2023 by DHG Publishing
- DetailsDesigned by Andrew Darragh and Ricardo Felipe
- ISBN978 0 6454883 3 3
- Price$35+$10 postage / Buy Now