Essential information for visitors to the Drill Hall Gallery in relation to COVID-19:
For your safety the Drill Hall Gallery will be following guidelines, recommendations and enforceable public health directions published by ACT Health and Safework Australia. We will be collecting contact tracing information from all visitors to the gallery.
To ensure a safe and healthy environment while visiting the Drill Hall Gallery at this time we request that you:
● Stay at home if you’re unwell.
● Stay at home if you’ve been in contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case.
● Practice good hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
● Utilise hand sanitisers provided at the entrance of the gallery.
● Assist our staff in filling out your contact tracing information on entry and exit from the gallery.
● Maintain 1.5 metres distance from other visitors and staff.
● Comply with the number restrictions clearly signposted in each of the gallery spaces.
● Comply with any written or verbal directions from staff.
● Use contactless payment for any purchases made at the Drill Hall Gallery.
● Consider downloading the COVIDSafe app if you haven’t already.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we appreciate your help in keeping our community safe during this time.
|Location||Kingsley Street, off Barry Drive, Acton (view map)|
|Hours||Closed due to COVID-19. Re-opening 31 July|
|Telephone||+61 2 6125 5832|
|Fax||+61 2 6125 7219|
|Curator, Exhibitions||Tony Oates|
|Curator, Collections||Oscar Capezio|
|Communications & Outreach Coordinator||Anne-Marie Jean|
|Memberships and Weekend Coordinator||Lucija Chetcuti|
|Communications and Graphic Design Officer||Joanne Leong|
Plan your visit to the Drill Hall Gallery
Parking at the Gallery
There is free 45 minute parking at the front of the Drill Hall Gallery – this is however not always readily available.
1 hour paid parking is available in adjacent streets, such as Hutton and Childers Streets.
Parking stations, multi level and underground are located on Childers Street.
There is now a new union court car park in the Kambri precinct. Click for more details and parking fees
Bus stops near the Drill Hall Gallery
ANU Rimmer Street: 2 minutes walk
Marcus Clarke Street before Rimmer Street: 4 minutes walk
Alinga Street Health Building: 6 minutes walk
City West Platform 1: 6 minutes walk
City Bus Station: 11 minutes walk
The Jolimont Centre bus station for interstate and regional visitors is an 8- 10 minute walk from the gallery.